Sunday 7 October 2012

Have you ever wanted to be invisible? Or, more realistically, anonymous?

I wish that I had written this Blog anonymously sometimes. I wish that I could type out all of my secrets, share them with strangers, and feel good for letting some of the muck in my head out. Instead, I spread it over Facebook and scatter it with pictures of myself.

I'm sure we all have times when we want to snap our fingers and vanish from sight. Think of all the possibilities that would come with still being present, but not seen.

Would you sneak up behind people, suddenly appear and scream "BOO!" in their ears? I would. Probably to total strangers. I met a French guy in Phuket and we spent an entire morning walking the streets and jumping out at people. It was a thrill, a cheap thrill. Nobody knew us, and we knew nobody. We were completely anonymous, and completely deranged.

Would you creep around people you like? Follow them into their rooms, watch them undress and admire their vulnerability? Would you steal a kiss? A secret kiss that only you would know, and they would taste. This is every stalker's dream.

Would you follow a perfect stranger, and be them for a day? Shadow them as they go to work, buy their coffee, dine with friends, and hold themselves in bed.

Steal? Future proof yourself by walking into a bank and helping yourself to bundles of money and handfuls of change.

I would whisper strange and lovely things in thousands of ears (it would take me a while, but my goodness it would be delightful). Tell them they're beautiful, share a fact, or simply breathe some life into those who are covered in dark clouds.

Sit behind the wheel of a car, a push-bike, a tractor, and drive. Drive and be the phenomenon which would make the 6 o'clock news.

Would the impact of Paranormal Activity draw you to play similar pranks on a friend, foe, or stranger? Shake the lights, tear the curtains, and scratch Satanic signs into the wallpaper?

Would your secret desires attract you to brothels, gay bars, abandoned buildings, or hospitals? You could watch, participate, let your senses go wild and truly be you for a brief, magical moment.

Skip customs, flag the passport, sneak onto a plane and fly to a foreign country? Learn the culture and immerse yourself in it as a nobody, a fly on the wall of a foreign society.

Could limitations restrict your choices? Nobody can see you, yet your conscience still remains.

If only we all lived in the Harry Potter books. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment